Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Best Damn Breakfast In The Land

Damn Starliner is the best. Never fails. The Breakfast Burrito.. The Creol Macaroni (So hot, so good!)… and on and on… And this morning I finally got to try the special that has been eluding me for some time… The Breakfast Enchiladas! This concoction of scrambled eggs, refried beans, chorizo, monterey jack cheese, onions, red peppers, tomatoes and who knows what other heavenly goodness in it. It totally brought the heat too (not that it stopped me from adding a hearty drizzle of “El Yucateco” Chile Habanero sauce to the mix), so much so that they are required by law to provide you with a hearty sized cup of sour cream.

Now I had eaten this glorious combination of tastes once before at Louie’s Fusion Grill and pronounced that nothing could ever surpass it as the best breakfast ever. I will concede that the main dish indeed only mirrors that of the one at Louie’s… However, Starliner pushes over the top thanks to their magnificent Cuban toast. Bread does not get any better than that. So much so that we had to finally get a loaf to go (See photo of 50 lbs. loaf of bread below). I enjoyed some of it with some dipping sauce for dinner and am now going to sink into a “carb coma”. I’ll catch you all when I wake up. Until then, get your ass to Starliner Diner.



No comments:

Post a Comment